- Diego Costa and Chelsea might be heading for court. The Premier League champions are understood to be considering suing the rebel striker for up to £50m if he continues to refuse to return to the club.
- Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez has been lined up to become the next manager of West Ham United, despite the club giving Slaven Bilic a month to save his job.
- At least two Manchester United stars are being investigated by HMRC over alleged image rights tax dodges, as the taxman continues to open new cases against top footballers in the Premier League.
- Former Manchester United coach Tony Coton lifts the lid at Old Trafford, claiming Roy Keane’s rant about his villa was the real reason he was axed by Sir Alex Ferguson.
- Atletico Madrid remain confident of sealing a deal for castaway Diego Costa in the next month – but the Spanish club will encourage the striker to make his peace with Chelsea and help the transfer over the line.
- Leicester star Riyad Mahrez’s mystery trip on transfer deadline day was made in the hope of clinching a move to Manchester United.
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere turned down a Deadline Day move to Birmingham, despite being offered £90k a week.
- A director at Portuguese club Sporting Lisbon has launched an astonishing attack on West Ham co-chairman David Sullivan, calling him “a liar” and “a parasite” for claiming William Carvalho had been offered to the Premier League side on Deadline Day.
- Crystal Palace boss Frank de Boer is facing the sack after three straight defeats, with a new manager already lined up – Roy Hodgson.